The role of the Supervisory Boards in building corporate governance models for both public and private companies is difficult to overestimate. The banks, business partners, and investors always pay attention to the quality of the Boards and top managers.
The events of the last two years show that in Ukraine, finally, there has been a positive shift in relation to the supervisory boards and their members – corporate directors:
- In 2016, the laws, which introduced the institution of independent directors, entered into effect. It is envisaged that all PJSCs must, until 01.01.2018, vote at least two independent directors to their supervisory boards, and all banks must vote at least 25% of independent directors. Creation of Supervisory Boards is also envisaged in state companies. The Committees on audit, remuneration and appointments should be established in the Supervisory Boards. The Supervisory Boards must become the centre of real decision-making, responsible for the fate of the company.
- The experience has been gained in the creating the effective Supervisory Boards not only in private companies (DTEK, Myronivsky Hliboproduct, Nova Poshta), but also in joint-stock companies owned by the state. The first state enterprise, where the Supervisory Board was established and is actively working, is NJSC “Ukraine Naftogaz”. Now the process of forming the Supervisory Boards is going on in JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”, “Ukrposhta”, and “Ukrenergo”.
THE FORUM OF CORPORATE DIRECTORS is a meeting place for international experience and Ukrainian practice in the field of corporate governance, an exchange of views among leading experts and government officials, discussion of legislative innovations and consideration of the best cases of creating the effective corporate governance system.
HISTORY OF THE FORUM:
The first forum of Corporate Directors was held in 2016 and gathered more than 150 participants. The forum was devoted to the voting the Independent Directors, including in the Supervisory Boards of state companies. Learn More
This year, the emphasis is on methods of improving the effectiveness of the Supervisory Boards.
WE INVITE TO PARTICIPATE:
- Business owners
- Representatives of state bodies who manage the state corporate rights
- Members of the Supervisory Boards (including independent directors)
- Executives of companies (including state companies)
- Representatives of Ukrainian and international investment and financial organizations
- Experts, consultants, specialists working in the field of corporate law and governance.
For participation, please, contact Iryna Bilyachenko, Maya Shokalo
tel. +380 44 22-88-759, 278-12-52, e-mail: email@example.com.