03.05.2021Corporate Governance for SMEs
The Corporate Governance Professional Association in partnership with IFC at the request of the EBRD held a series of online workshops on “Corporate Governance for SMEs” for consultants and all interested parties.
Seminars’ trainers were:
- Alexey Volynets, specialist of the Corporate Governance and ESG Department of the International Finance Corporation (IFC),
- Oleksandr Okuniev, Chairman of the CGPA Management Board,
- Oleg Zhuravlov, independent Corporate Governance expert, advisor to the Chairman of the CGPA Management Board, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of JSC “Ukrainian Railways”, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of “Krona” Insurance Company
- Alexander Polyansky, executive director and co-founder of RSM Ukraine Consulting, which provides corporate services in the field of strategy and finance.
During the training, the following questions were disscussed:
- Why is corporate governance important for your SME clients? SME management methodology developed by IFC
- Joint decision making (management, advisory board, supervisory board)
- Internal control and risk management
- Family business management
The event was supported by the U.S. Small Business Fund of the EBRD (Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, and the Joint Technical Cooperation Fund of TaiwanBusiness and the EBRD) and IFC together with the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO.